This is a post of the kind where you remind your readers that the year is ending like they didn’t know that.
But read on! There won’t be any NY’s resolutions!
I resolved to change something before the year ends, though, and I want everyone to notice that: the name of my blog changed, see?
“Like some punk bride of the future” is a quote from Stephen King, and I wanted to steal these words the moment I read them (some months ago when I was reading It) because
- they describe one of a group of children who fought against their fears, and
- recently, I feel like I belong to that group because I’ve been confronting my fears a lot for the past year (though I’ve been doing that in therapy and not by shooting silver bullets), and
- thanks to that, I’ve finally found myself able to think about the future, which I was practically incapable of for some time in my life, and also because
- I love punk; I even sat in th kitchen yesterday listening to some good old feminist punk rock, and actually reflecting deeply on how awesome it is to be the person I am partly because of that music (I guess I’ve too much time on my hands), and finally because
- in the couple of months of running this blog, I’ve learnt, and even began to sort of like, to title the things I write, so I may do away with “Untitled” as the blog’s name.
I guess by now this post already looks very much like any other year-is-ending-let’s-look-back post (which I think is just what I subconsciously wanted), so I can only add:
a happy New Year to you!